Educational Program Grants
2017 Educational Program Grant Applications
Educational Program grant applications will be available in the Spring of 2017 – please check back or contact us for more information. WCF’s Educational Program Grants are designed to help organizations that serve Watertown develop new or continue existing programs with an educational focus, broadly defined. Eligible organizations may apply for grants up to $5,000. Average grant size is expected to be $1,500 – $3,000. These grants are funded by WCF’s Arsenal Education Fund.
Note: This grant program does NOT include funding for “Healthy Watertown” projects. Please contact us separately for information about that program.
To be eligible for Education Grants, organizations must be public entities or nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status which:
- Serve Watertown residents or can document an existing partnership with an organization that serves Watertown residents AND
- Provide an educational program or service to the community.
Examples of Programs/Projects that may be funded
Some examples of educational projects that could be supported include, but are not limited to:
- Summer or after school programs for children or teenagers
- Job-search or other related skills training
- Historical preservation projects
- Educational programs serving the elderly
- Events/programs for infants and their families
- Youth arts festival or event
- Support for arts or cultural programs
2015 Educational Program Grants
On June 16, 2015, WCF’s Board of Directors awarded a total of $23,550 for 13 education grants funded by the Foundation’s Watertown Arsenal Education Fund. For details, select Grant Recipients.